Our CAA-approved instructors can train you in your choice of fixed or flexwing microlights, from initial trial lesson, through to the final General Skills Test and licence application. We also offer advanced training for existing pilots in radio telephony, competition preparation, microlight instructor training and examination, etc.
Our aim is to train new pilots to the highest possible standards of safety and airman-ship in a friendly, and fun environment – affordable flying without compromise.
Our Unique Facilities
- Complete Microlight tuition based in a students own aircraft or using a school fleet of Fixed wing and Flexwing aircraft.
- Briefing and lecture rooms
- 1 tarmac runway and 3 large grass runways
- Aircraft Hangarage
- Club Lounge and pilot shop
- Permanent Manned radio control tower and fuel pump installations selling unleaded specifically for microlights
- Permanent fire staff and trained first aiders.
- Hotel accommodation
- Restaurant and Bar
Our staff includes senior BMAA inspectors, experienced check pilots and fully-qualified Rotax engineers (both for 2 and 4-stroke power units) We can service your 2-stroke or 4-stroke engine on the bench or on your microlight. We carry out routine 10hr, 25hr, 50hr, 100hr, 200hr or 500hr engine and gearbox services, shock load tests, as well as permit inspections and check flights. All servicing work is completed along with a detailed service report of the work carried out. We only use genuine Rotax spares.
For a more detailed quote of your servicing needs, or a full price list, please contact our engineering department directly on +44(0)1604 644222.
General Labour Prices
|General maintenance/ repairs per hour||£45.00 (+ VAT)|
|On-site Mileage rate||£0.75 per mile (inc VAT)|
Prices are subject to change without notice
Flylight Airsports Club
- Focal point for organising fly-ins / fly-outs on a regular basis
- Club outings (participation in alternative sports)
- Club meetings with guest speakers
- Use of club room and facilities on the airfield
- Free landing fees to residential aircraft
- Reduced landing fees to all club members
- Discounts on aircraft, servicing and accessories
- Free help and advice
- Contact and knowledge sharing with experienced pilots
It’s a legal requirement that student pilots and instructors are members of the same club. All members should read and abide by club flying orders.
Individual Membership – £120.00pa
Training Membership while using school aircraft – £80.00pa
We are lucky to have the use of the superb facilities of Sywell Aerodrome. Obviously this is a privileged position and we demand the highest standards of airmanship and respect from club members.
We run an active club for students and qualified pilots which includes trips to various major Fly-ins around the country and abroad.
Membership includes use of Sywell Aerodrome’s facilities and flight services.